For the past few weeks we had the pleasure of having FrameStore coming over Escape Studios for 5 days of Unreal Training.
We were very honoured for being choosen by Framestore to give a one day Unreal Primer for their talented artists.
Simon Fenton – Head of Games and Christian Avigni – MA Games Tutor covered a lot in one day lessons:
- The Epic Games Launcher
- Documentation and training resources
- Creating projects, the anatomy of a project / project folders / Naming Conventions
- Introduction to the unreal interface, windows and user environment
- Importing Assets: Lightmaps UVs, LODs
- Draw calls
- Texture guidelines
- Material Creation
- Baked lighting vs Realtime Lighting
- Light types / Light Mobility
- Post Process Effects
I would like Andrew Brassington as well Andrew Schlussel who organized the event, and of course all the amazing people from FrameStore.